It is brought to the notice of all concerned that the online module for submission and processing of application form for registration as OCI card holders and OCI miscellaneous services along with uploading of documents, photographs and signature of the applicant has rolled out with effect from 01.01.2016. The applicants now have to mandatorily upload the requisite documents, photographs and the signature with the application in the online system.
1. All the applicants shall submit the application form online and upload all the requisite documents (self-attested), photographs and signature, (in the case of minor who cannot sign the left hand thumb impression) along with the application.
2. After the applicants submits the complete application online including documents, photographs, and signature the original of the supporting documents have to submitted to CKGS for verification. Applicants are requested to send original passport, original renunciation certificate/Indian passport, original marriage certificate along with the OCI application for verification. As regards to other supporting documents such as naturalization certificate, address proof and birth certificate, notarized copies would be accepted.
3. If there is any deficiency in the application/uploaded documents/photographs, it will be informed by email the applicant.
The applicant may then submit the required documents to the CKGS.
4. Once the documents are in order, an email will be received by the applicant stating that “application received and is under process”.
FOR OCI STATUS CHECK PLEASE CLICK HERE
NOTE: WITH EFFECT FROM MAY 21, 2014 THE VISA/OCI/PIO/RENUNCIATION OF INDIAN CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION COLLECTION/PROCESSING AND DELIVERY PROCESS HAS BEEN OUTSOURCED TO COX & KINGS GLOBAL SERVICES PVT. LTD. WALK IN APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED AT THE CONSULATE. ALSO PLEASE DON'T SEND APPLICATION FORMS TO CONSULATE.
The Address & Contact details of CKGS Application Center in Atlanta
1st floor, Suite 180,
5883 Glenridge Drive,
Atlanta, Georgia 30328
Tel # : 516-206-1483/ 646-589-0088
CKGS Contact/Feedback: Telephone 516-206-1483/ 646-589-0088
Consular applicants (including OCI/PIO applicants) may visit the Consular and OCI/PIO Wings in the Consulate at 5549 Glenridge Drive NE, Atlanta GA 30342 from 10.00 am to 12:30 pm on all working days or send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
(for visa, passport, OCI/PIO matters, renunciation of Indian citizenship and miscellaneous services)for redressal of their grievances including those from the service provider.
OCI Travel Advisory – Re-issue of OCI Card (On getting a New Passport)
• For an applicant who is 20 years of age or younger, OCI documents must be re-issued each time a new passport is issued.
• For an applicant who is 50 years of age or older, OCI documents must be re-issued once after the issuance of a new passport. If the OCI card is issued for the first time after the age of 50 years, then there is no need for re-issuance of OCI.
• For an applicant who is 21 to 49 years of age, there is no need to re-issue OCI documents each time a new passport is issued. However, if the applicant desires, he/she can request that the OCI documents be re-issued so that the OCI documents reflect the correct passport number.
Please view the full requirements for OCI Re-issue for more information at the following link.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on OCI Card:
1.What are the Benefits for an OCI card holder:
An OCI card holder gets the following benefits:
i. A multiple entry, multi-purpose life-long visa for visiting India.
ii. Exemption from registration with local police authority for any length of stay in India.
iii. Parity with Non-resident Indians (NRIs) in respect of economic, financial and educational fields, except in relation to acquisition of agricultural or plantation properties.
iv. OCI can be used as identity proof for application of PAN Card and driving licence as well as for opening a bank account if the OCI card holder is residing in India.
2.What benefits an OCI Card holder is not entitled to:
The OCI Card holder is not entitled:
i. to vote,
ii. to be a member of a Legislative Assembly or of a Legislative Council or of the Parliament of India,
iii. to hold Indian constitutional posts such as that of the President, Vice President, Judge of the Supreme Court or High Court etc.
iv. He/she cannot normally hold employment in the Government
3.Under what conditions should one apply for New OCI Card and Sticker:
(i) In case of issuance of new passport.
(a) For an applicant who is 20 years of age or younger, OCI documents must be re-issued each time a new passport is issued.
(b) For an applicant who is 50 years of age or older, OCI documents must be re-issued once after the issuance of a new passport. If the OCI card is issued for the first time after the age of 50 years, then there is no need for re-issuance of OCI.
(c) For an applicant who is 21 to 49 years of age, there is no need to re-issue OCI documents each time a new passport is issued. However, if the applicant desires, he/she can request that the OCI documents be re-issued so that the OCI documents reflect the correct passport number.
(ii) In case there is a change in personal particulars.
(iii) In case of loss/damage of passport and/or OCI booklet.
(iv) For correcting personal particulars entered wrongly while submitting online applications e.g name, father’s name, date of birth etc.,
(v) In case of change of address/occupation.
Vide circular No. 26011/06/2015-OCI dated 29th January, 2015 of Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India, all immigration authorities in India will not insist on production of the foreign passport containing the 'U' Visa Sticker in the case of OCI Cardholders while they enter/exit India and the immigration clearance will be granted based on production of the 'OCI CARD ONLY'.
4.Can foreign nationals, who are not otherwise eligible for OCI, get OCI if they are married to persons who are eligible for OCI?
The spouse of foreign origin of a citizen of India or spouse of foreign origin of an Overseas Citizen of India cardholder registered under section 7A and whose marriage has been registered and subsisted for a continuous period of not less than two years immediately preceding the presentation of the application.
5.Are Minor children eligible for OCI Card?
Minor children whose both parents are citizens of India or one of the parents is a citizen of India are eligible for OCI Card.
6.Is an applicant who had held nationality of Pakistan or Bangladesh, eligible for OCI?
No, If the applicant has ever been a citizen of Pakistan or Bangladesh, he / she will not be eligible for OCI.
7.Can a person renounce OCI?
Yes. He/she has to declare their intention of renunciation in Form XXII to the Indian Mission/Post where OCI registration was granted. After receipt of the declaration, the Indian Mission/Post shall issue an acknowledgement in Form XXII A. A separate application form is available for this purpose.
8. Whether foreign military personnel are eligible for grant of OCI?
No, foreign military personnel either in service or retired are not entitled for grant of OCI.
9. Whether civil Govt. servant working in Ministry of Defence as IT engineers/civil contractors entitled for OCI?
10. OCI card will be issued only on the basis of the marriage certificate issued by the marriage registering authority.The marriage certificate issued by community institutions will not be accepted.